We hope many of your questions are answered here; however if not, please see the email list at the bottom of this page to submit your query.
St. George's Community Agreement
In order to best ensure the health and safety of every member of our campus family, St. George’s is asking that all students agree to the terms of our Community Agreement for the 2020-21 school year.
We are currently in Phase 4 of our reopening. To find out more about the phases of our "Back to the Hilltop" plan, click here.
* Note: In Phase 4, immediate family members may visit campus, however we are currently suspending this option through Nov. 1.
We're committed to keeping our families informed! As such, we will begin a new series of regular webinars that will take place at the beginning of each academic mini-term. These will take place on Sept. 20, Oct. 11 and Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.
Sept. 20, 2020
Information Session for Families
OCt. 11, 2020
Information Session for Families II
Nov. 1, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Information Session for Families III
Health & Wellness
- Will some students need to quarantine on campus?
- What about if we’re coming from a “non-hotspot” state?
- What about day students?
- What are some of the protective mechanisms that will be in place for decreasing the possible transmission of illness on campus?
- How will the school mitigate the risks associated with families accompanying students to campus on drop-off days?
- How will physical distancing be enforced in shared spaces (dorms, classrooms, etc.)?
- What kind of face coverings are acceptable?
- How will students who need to go to the Health Center when they are healthy avoid exposures to illness?
- What happens if a student is presenting COVID-19 symptoms?
- Will counseling services still be available to students?
- What are stable groups? And why use them?
- Will dorm rooms have single or double occupancy?
- Will students be able to use Leave of Convenience weekend permissions?
- Will students have access to off-campus permissions, which could include the beach, half-town, full-town? What about a walk/run?
- How will students dine on campus?
- Will students be allowed to order from food-delivery services?
- What are the rules regarding parent/guardian visits to campus?
- Will non-family visitors be allowed on campus?
- Will laundry services still be available?
- How will classes be conducted at the start of school?
- How will the school handle the need for both online and in-person instruction?
My student is scheduled to take the SAT on Saturday, Aug. 29.
How will that be handled?
- Will there be final exams?
- How does the change to semesters affect the diploma requirements for seniors?
- If my student misses class due to illness, what procedures are in place to help him/her get the material that was missed?
- When will new students get their school-issued laptops?