We will renovate Arden/Diman/Eccles
Construction began in June 2023
$30.5 million ($26M raised)
At 52,000 square feet, Arden/Diman/Eccles is the largest dorm on campus — a natural social and residential hub. But it was built for a different era. To serve our students and our community today and into the future, it needs to be reimagined and renovated.
- Upgrade dorm rooms, bathrooms and faculty residences.
- Design the facility to be home to 78 students and eight faculty families, ensuring a tight-knit dorm community with room to breathe.
- Create vibrant common areas — including kitchens, study areas, and social spaces — that encourage spontaneous interactions.
- At the garden level, create spaces for day students, integrating them into the daily life of the school and giving them a home base at the heart of campus.
We will create more on-campus faculty housing
Our faculty members serve as mentors, advisors, and daily sources of inspiration for our students. Yet because of a shortage of housing on campus, too many of our teachers are living outside the main campus footprint and removed from the life of the school. By adding on-campus faculty housing we create a more complete, cohesive community.
- Construct two new buildings, each with three townhouses, on the Lower Road. (Construction completed June 2023)
- Use the two right units and parts of both middle units as a swing space for students during the Arden/Diman/Eccles renovation.
- Ultimately be able to sell six of our off-campus houses, providing more capital to reinvest in our campus.