Dress Code & Expectations
We will be returning to a structured and more formal dress code for the 2021-2022 school year. The new dress code, which attempts to balance our school's deep traditions with ever-evolving societal norms, will be in place upon the start of classes.
All clothing must be neat, clean, in good repair (no rips, frayed hems, cut-offs, etc.), and should provide appropriate coverage of one's body.
Shoes are to be worn at all times in King Hall, our academic buildings, and the Chapel; hats may not be worn in these areas.
Appropriate dress includes:
• collared shirts
• dress pants or shorts of similar style
• dress tops or blouses
• skirts and dresses
• Sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn provided that they are clean and neat and that they are worn over a shirt that, on its own, fulfills the expectations of the dress code.
The following list provides a partial itemization of some clothing that is not appropriate during the academic day:
• blue jeans
• athletic attire
• yoga pants, leggings, or sweatpants
• underwear as outerwear
• clothing that is see-through
• clothing that promotes alcohol, drugs, tobacco, sex, violence, or includes hateful or hostile language or images.
On Tuesdays and Thursdays (chapel days), students are required to dress more formally: