Monday, May 25, 2020
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 23
Spring SG vs. Middlesex Games (away)
Sunday, May 24
10:30 a.m. — Athletic Awards Ceremony (required for all students)
11:15 a.m. — Graduation rehearsal for sixth-formers (required)
5:45-6:45 p.m. — Dinner for sixth-formers and their immediate families, King Hall
7-8 p.m. — Sixth-Form Chapel: A Service of Light
8:15 p.m. — Dessert, Main Common Room
Monday, May 25
8:30 a.m. — Holy Communion service (voluntary), Little Chapel
10:45 a.m. — Prize Day Chapel Service for sixth-formers and their immediate families
12 p.m. — Awarding of Diplomas and Prizes, Front Circle
1 p.m. — Lunch, King Hall Terrace
Please note that for two events the school uses the language “sixth-formers and their immediate families” – this should be interpreted as parents, siblings and grandparents. This restriction is necessary to ensure that there is enough space for all in King Hall and especially in the chapel. If you have any questions, please be in touch with the Assistant to the Head of School Jen Kelley.
Chambers Photography will be photographing students as they receive their diploma. Proofs, pricing and order information is mailed directly to each family by the vendor. If you do not receive this information or have a question, you can reach them at 781-834-9954 or this email.
- When is the first official Prize Day event for families?
- Are there commitments for seniors that we should be aware of when planning family events during the weekend?
- Can my boarding graduate spend the night with us off-campus Saturday and/or Sunday night(s) of prize Day weekend?
- Can day students spend the night in the dorm on Sunday night before Prize Day?
- Who is welcome to attend each event over the weekend?
- Why are certain events limited to immediate family? (parents, siblings, and grandparents)
- What time do seniors need to be moved out of their boarding/day rooms on Monday?
- Are graduates allowed back on campus during the week following Prize Day to visit friends and faculty?
- Sunday night dinner in King Hall: 5:45-6:45 p.m. in King Hall – Immediate family members are welcome to attend dinner. This includes parents, siblings, and grandparents.
- Sunday Sixth-Form Chapel: 7 p.m. in the Chapel – Immediate family members are welcome to attend. This includes parents, siblings, and grandparents.
- Monday Holy Communion Chapel – 8:30 a.m. in the Little Chapel – This is an optional event and all guests are welcome.
- Monday Prize Day Chapel Service - 10:45 a.m. in the Chapel – Immediate family members are welcome to attend , this includes parents, siblings, and grandparents.
- Monday Awarding of Diplomas – 12 p.m. in the Front Circle – All are welcome and there is no assigned seating; Seating is first-come, first served.
- Monday luncheon – 1 p.m. on the King Hall Terrace – All are welcome to join us for a casual luncheon following the ceremony.