- 2021 Summer Voyage
Late last night we arrived at the breakwater harbor at Lewes, Delaware. We decided to spend the day here to wait out some contrary winds. The students used the time at anchor this morning to plan for the second half of our voyage to Maine. There are many factors to consider on this leg of our trip including whether or not to go through Long Island Sound and if we should use the Cape Cod Canal. I imagine that the JWO’s plans will evolve as we travel.
At the moment, Nathan and Ethan are in the galley making dinner. Once we’ve finished eating the plan is to get back underway. William and Tucker will be on watch first from 2000-0000. The brought us into the anchorage so should have no trouble figuring out how to depart. Friday looks like it will be a light air day, but Saturday and Sunday are forecasted to be excellent days for sailing to Maine.