We hope many of your questions are answered here; however if not, please see the email list at the bottom of this page to submit your query.
St. George's Community Agreement (Updated)
In order to best ensure the health and safety of every member of our campus family, St. George’s is asking that all students agree to the terms of our Community Agreement for the 2020-21 school year.
|Jan. 9-17||Boarding students quarantine at home|
Day students quarantine at home
|Jan. 11-23||Remote classes (all students attend from home)|
|Jan. 13-15||Boarding students complete Test #1 at home (with support from school as needed)|
|Jan. 16||Day students complete Test #1 (students will sign up for times)|
|Jan. 17||Boarding students arrive (Test #2 performed on arrival)|
|Jan. 17||Martin Luther King Jr. Chapel Service (remote at 7 p.m., required of all students)|
|Jan. 17-18||Room-based quarantine (until all test results are received)|
|Jan. 18-24||Pod-based quarantine; classes are remote|
|Jan. 23||Boarding students complete Test #3|
|Jan. 23||Day students complete Test #2 (students will sign up for times)|
|Jan. 25||In-person classes resume|
|Feb. 10||Weekly surveillance testing begins|
|March 6||Students depart for Spring Break|
|March 26||Tentative return from Spring Break (quarantine schedule TBA)|
Moving through our phases
We've updated our phasing protocol for the winter term. To find out more about our "Back to the Hilltop" plan, click here.
- How many students are on campus for the winter term?
- What kind of face coverings are recommended for students this winter?
- What will COVID-19 testing be like in the winter term?
- What happens if my child's test comes back positive?
- If my child tests positive, may I come to get them?
- What percentage of the students have already been infected and what is your policy for testing in that case?
- Will St. George's have access to the COVID-19 vaccine from the state for students and staff?
- Will mental-health counseling sessions be face-to-face?
- Why are you moving from trimesters to semesters?
- What will the meal program on campus look like this semester?
- What about food delivery?
- Will the Grill in the Campus Center reopen?
- Is any socializing allowed in the dorms after school?
- Will you allow campus visits this term?
- Will the boarders’ larger furniture, such as sofas, be returned to them?
- Will there be winter-season athletic games against other schools?
- Will the workout area be open for students?
- Is the pool open?
- What will Spring Break look like?