We hope many of your questions are answered here; however if not, please see the email list at the bottom of this page to submit your query.
|March 28||Spring Break ends|
|March 29||Faculty & staff tested|
March 29-April 2
(No classes April 3)
March 29- April 5
|April 2||Faculty & staff tested|
Boarding students arrive*
|April 5-6||Isolation Period (until all test results are received)|
|April 6||Phase One**
|April 9||Faculty & staff tested|
|April 11||All students tested|
|April 13||Phase Two**
In-person classes and activities resume
Day students return
|April 15||Weekly surveillance testing begins for full community|
|May 24-28||Assessment Week|
|May 28||Underformers depart
(after last commitment)
|May 31||Prize Day|
*Families will once again be asked to sign-up for an arrival time. A Sign-Up Genius form will be sent during the week prior to the students’ return.
**These dates are tentative. Movement between phases will be predicated on testing results.
St. George's Community Agreement (Updated)
In order to best ensure the health and safety of every member of our campus family, St. George’s is asking that all students agree to the terms of our Community Agreement for the 2020-21 school year.
Moving through our phases
We've updated our phasing protocol for the spring term. To find out more about our "Back to the Hilltop" plan, click here.
We began a new series of regular webinars that will take place at the beginning of each academic mini-term. These took place on Sept. 20, Oct. 11 and Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.
Sept. 20, 2020
Information Session for Families
OCt. 11, 2020
Information Session for Families II
Nov. 1, 2020
Information Session for Families III
Health & Wellness
- Will some students need to quarantine on campus?
- What about if we’re coming from a “non-hotspot” state?
- What about day students?
- What are some of the protective mechanisms that will be in place for decreasing the possible transmission of illness on campus?
- How will the school mitigate the risks associated with families accompanying students to campus on drop-off days?
- How will physical distancing be enforced in shared spaces (dorms, classrooms, etc.)?
- What kind of face coverings are acceptable?
- How will students who need to go to the Health Center when they are healthy avoid exposures to illness?
- What happens if a student is presenting COVID-19 symptoms?
- Will counseling services still be available to students?
- How will classes be conducted at the start of school?
- How will the school handle the need for both online and in-person instruction?
My student is scheduled to take the SAT on Saturday, Aug. 29.
How will that be handled?
- Will there be final exams?
- How does the change to semesters affect the diploma requirements for seniors?
- If my student misses class due to illness, what procedures are in place to help him/her get the material that was missed?
- When will new students get their school-issued laptops?
- What are stable groups? And why use them?
- Will dorm rooms have single or double occupancy?
- Will students be able to use Leave of Convenience weekend permissions?
- Will students have access to off-campus permissions, which could include the beach, half-town, full-town? What about a walk/run?
- How will students dine on campus?
- Will students be allowed to order from food-delivery services?
- What are the rules regarding parent/guardian visits to campus?
- Will non-family visitors be allowed on campus?
- Will laundry services still be available?
Dragon Athletics, Arts & Activities
- When will athletics resume?
- Will my student have the opportunity to participate in clubs and other activities?
- What interventions will take place to decrease transmission of illness in athletic facilities?
- Can I pick my student up for their private league games and practices?
Calendar & Events
- When will students return?
- Will there be a Family Weekend this fall?
- How will you handle traditional St. George’s events, such as Middlesex Weekend and the Christmas Festival?
Enrollment & Tuition
- If we decide to not return to SG this fall, do we still need to pay the full tuition?
- If we decide after the July 31, 2020, deadline to withdraw from SG, will tuition refund insurance (TRI) cover our tuition?
- When is our tuition payment due?
- How many students are on campus for the winter term?
- What kind of face coverings are recommended for students this winter?
- What will COVID-19 testing be like in the winter term?
- What happens if my child's test comes back positive?
- If my child tests positive, may I come to get them?
- What percentage of the students have already been infected and what is your policy for testing in that case?
- Will St. George's have access to the COVID-19 vaccine from the state for students and staff?
- Will mental-health counseling sessions be face-to-face?
- Why are you moving from trimesters to semesters?
- What will the meal program on campus look like this semester?
- What about food delivery?
- Will the Grill in the Campus Center reopen?
- Is any socializing allowed in the dorms after school?
- Will you allow campus visits this term?
- Will the boarders’ larger furniture, such as sofas, be returned to them?
- Will there be winter-season athletic games against other schools?
- Will the workout area be open for students?
- Is the pool open?
- What will Spring Break look like?